Privacy & Security Policy
We, Buckleys Drapery Ltd (“Corkschooluniforms”, “we”, “us” or “our”), want to give you the best online experience possible. You are important to us and we want to provide you with a safe and secure online experience. We also want to give you a clear indication about what information we collect about you and how we use it. This privacy notice applies to Buckleys Drapery Ltd.
1) TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY HOLD ABOUT YOU
• Information you’ve provided to us, including on our websites.
• Information about our content, products and services you’ve ordered or enquired about.
• Information we collect via cookies.
• IP address, identification number, online identifier, browser information, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet.
Please note we do not store or hold any customer credit/debit card details on any of our servers at any time. We use online bank secure servers provided by Worldpay. For more information please see Section 5.
2) HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The information you provide to us allows us to create an account for you through the “My Account” service, process your order, personalise our product offering and improve your shopping experience. We aim to make your use of our services more convenient and efficient. In addition, we may use the information you provide to:
• Confirm your orders and communicate to you about account information or customer service needs;
• Adapt the content and layout of our websites to your needs and to ensure you do not have to enter information more than once;
• Notify you about new products and services, special offerings and other promotions;
• Gather information on how our website and services are used to best adapt our products and services to meet your needs;
• Coordinate contests, promotions, surveys, or other features of our service to improve our business and service functionality.
3) INFORMATION THAT WE SHARE
Please note we do not share your information with third parties unless one of the following applies:
• With your consent.
• For the purpose of operating our business, we may transfer information to our third-party service providers who use that information only to perform their services. We work with them to respect and protect your personal information.
• For legal reasons, for example, to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. Disclosure will be made to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
4) YOUR PREFERENCES
If you wish to adjust what information we use or how we use it, you can amend your preferences by logging into your account via the “Login” link at the top of any page or by contacting us on 021 4304426. Alternatively, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link in any of our emails.
6) OUR POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We realise and understand that many children will visit our website or access our services, but we encourage all persons under 18 to consult with their parents or legal guardian before submitting any information to this website. We will ask for confirmation that a customer is over the age of 18 and a child below the age of 18 will not be permitted to submit personal information through our site. However, whilst we endeavour to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure children under the age of 18 do not register for our services it is ultimately the responsibility of parents/legal guardians to supervise their children’s online activity.
7) RETENTION PERIODS
8) CONTROLLING COOKIES
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Two types of cookies are used on this website:
8.1) Session Cookies:
• To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
• Within registration to allow you to access stored information
• To apply discounts dependent on your point of entry into the site.
8.2) Persistent Cookies
• To allow you to maintain a shopping basket.
• To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content to match your preferences.
This also prevents you from having to ‘Log In’ every visit. The cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that sent the cookie.
9) CONTACT US
If you wish to speak to us about your data or to make a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com in the first instance and we will do our best to help. If you are still unhappy you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website.
Any queries or comments about this privacy notice or if you wish to have a copy of your information, amend or transfer your records, please write to us at Data Protection Officer, Buckleys Drapery Ltd, 93 94 Shandon Street Cork or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you notify us of any updates, amendments and/or corrections to your information by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by logging into your account via the “Login” link at the top of any page.
We will occasionally update this privacy notice. We will post a notice of any material changes on our website prior to implementing the changes and, where appropriate, notify you using any of the contact details we hold for you for this purpose. We encourage you to periodically review this notice to be informed of how we use your information.